Our engineering team is growing and has an opening for an Engineering Designer / Detailer. The candidate must have experience with CAD software. They must be able to discuss engineering concepts effectively and be a team player.
- Develop and design fixtures to meet customer requirements.
- Manage electrical UL certifications.
- Design products and their relative production drawings to meet customer needs and the production floor.
- Understand the basics of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Estimating projects.
- Creating complete BOM’s.
- Source material for new designs and layouts.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills in Solid Works, AutoCAD, MS Excel, 3D and 2D modeling and rendering, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to think and plan from concept to actual product.
- Strong design skills when working with various materials.
- Experience working with customer service teams and customers.
- Strong communication, people, and time management skills.
- Experience working in the Store Fixture industry is a great asset.
- Excellent understanding and experience in the fabrication processes that include: metal, wood, plastic, and electrical.
- Must have some experience working with electrical UL certifications, metal, wood, and plastic fabrication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Certification with PEO is a great asset.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including ability to influence others.
- Works effectively and timely with all levels of plant and office individuals in the organization.
- Demonstrates focus on building positive, productive business relationships.
- Always conducts self in a highly professional manner.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, looks for process improvements.
- Strong analytical ability, with a process improvement approach.
- Solid working knowledge base in engineering practices.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- An effective team player is a must.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in French is an asset.
- Medical and dental upon completing probationary period. Salary $65K-$75K / year.
- To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com