The Human Resources Generalist acts as a member of, and trusted advisor and coach to the senior management team. This role will provide superior leadership and partnership on all aspects of HR for our plants. This role will develop and execute people strategies, including the implementation of HR programs and initiatives that align to business objectives. Communicating needs proactively with the HR team and plant managers to seek and develop integrated solutions. In addition, the HR Generalist will be responsible for several organization effectiveness outcomes for the group; some of the areas will include talent development including leadership development, change management and employee engagement.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and Talent Management
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation, onboarding efforts and employee termination process
- Development and implementation of Policies/Procedures/Projects
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Career Development and Planning
- Compliance for legal requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field.
- CHRP or CHRL designation preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including ability to influence others.
- Works effectively and timely with all levels of plant and office individuals in the organization.
- Demonstrated focus on building positive, productive business relationships.
- Always conducts self in a highly professional manner and always working with a high degree of discretion in an environment that requires complete confidentiality. Ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy when dealing with emotionally charged situations.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, looks for process improvements.
- Analytical ability, with a process improvement approach.
- Solid working knowledge base in contemporary HR practices.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- An effective team player is a must.
- Interest and takes action in keeping abreast of up-to-date and leading edge human resources practices at the local, and national employment market level. Regularly enhances knowledge through training, networking and business reading. Shares knowledge and expertise with HR team.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in French is an asset.
- Medical and dental upon completing probationary period. Salary $60K-$68K / year.
- To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org