Our client is a well established electrical & instrumentation contractor/distributor with manufacturing facilities in India. Fairly new to Canada, they are aggressively penetrating the Western Canadian marketplace in Chemical, Food, Power and Water and Wastewater. A unique turnkey contractor who offers supply, installation and commissioning services for electrical, instrumentation, process automation and IIOT.
They are looking for highly professional dedicated technologist for Instrumentation & Control for Manitoba and Saskatchewan territory. There will be 5% to 10% of travel outside of province depending upon project. Candidate will be based at their Brandon Head Office.
• Comply with the instructions and requirements of inspection test according to Instrumentation testing method; Perform various duties associated with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading equipment;
• Configuration, installation and start up of PLC/HMI/SCADA.
• Operation and maintenance of the equipment/machine used in industrial process control; Maintain and adjust electrical panel in the plant to ensure their correct function;
• Set up equipment, provides line support and perform corrective and preventive maintenance;
• Install, repair, calibrate, test and maintain VFDs, Soft starter, Energy meters, controllers.
• Perform diagnostic maintenance on basic process control system including boiler and compressor;
• Perform preventive and emergency maintenance of control equipment, prepare and record all details of equipment maintenance; Test, inspect and maintain instruments and create technical reports.
• Perform instrumentation install and commissioning. Testing and energization of various instruments equipment;
• Create instrumentation installation plant and procedures.
• Review and check construction and vendor drawings for verifications. Perform Instruments
• testing with Hart or other calibrators
• Rectify punch list and prepare red line marked-up for modifications and as-built. Red mark up drawings and updates on AutoCAD,
• Help Estimation and sales department for technical. Lead junior technician as and when required.
• Promote all aspects of safety to the field technicians and ensure all LOTO and electrical safety procedures are followed
• Participate in exhibitions, promote products/services to customer.
• Client visit with sales personal to discuss technical requirements, promote services/products.
• Gather and analyze technical data and recommend for required tools for job.
• Assist in the development of drawings and other project management activities. Assist in establishing or modifying work procedures
• Make recommendations to improve operations Self-directed with minimal supervision
• Frequent site visit. Operate, maintain and install complex equipment
• Pre-comm and commissioning of PLC, HMI, SCADA, VFD, softstarter, Controllers, Instruments etc.
• Calibrate equipment and maintain calibration
• Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work a flexible schedule, including call-in and in overtime on nights and weekends.
• Provide support to customer with 24X7 approach.
• Participate in field verifications and study.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Completed education in Diploma Instrumentation Engineering
• Certified technician/technologist.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an industrial setting or consulting environment for electrical.
• Must have exposure for instrumentation for flow, temperature and level and low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage system designing scope of work.
• Working knowledge of electrical protection, industrial process control and automation applications.
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
• Possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Works effectively under time constraints, adapts to change, able to work alone, as well as enjoys participating in a team environment.
The Company offers a generous salary plus an extensive benefits package including: Life, Health & Dental program with Health Care Spending Account; Employee appreciation program, they also offer educational assistance programs as a 3 years’ service bonus to employees.
To apply, please send resume to: email@example.com