INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL SPECIALIST
Our client is an end-to-end solution provider company based in Brandon Manitoba who offers Supply, Install, Commissioning services for instrumentation, electrical, automation and control. They are looking for highly professional dedicated specialist for instrumentation & control system design, programming and onsite installation & commissioning for Manitoba and Saskatchewan territory. There will be 10% to 15% of travel outside of province depending upon project. Candidate will have to work from their Brandon head office location or at job site.
- Comply with the instructions and requirements of inspection test according to process control & Instrumentation testing method;
- Configuration, installation and start up of complete instrumentation & automation system.
- Operation and maintenance of the equipment/machine used in industrial process control automation; Set up equipment, provides online support and perform corrective and preventive maintenance; Install, repair, calibrate, test and maintain PLCs, SCADA/Control systems.
- Perform preventive and emergency maintenance of control equipment, prepare and record all details of equipment maintenance;
- Provide remote support to our clients.
- Test, inspect and maintain automation system and create technical reports.
- Perform automation, install and commissioning. Testing and energization of various automation equipment’s;
- Create FAT, SAT and various testing plan and procedures. Review and check construction and vendor drawings for verifications.
- Perform Instruments testing with Hart or other calibrators Rectify punch list and prepare red line marked-up for modifications and as-built.
- Red mark up drawings and updates on AutoCAD, Help Estimation and sales department for technical. Lead junior technician as and when required.
- Promote all aspects of safety to the field technicians and ensure all LOTO and electrical safety procedures are followed.
- Supervise Instrumentation & control team. Report to management for the overall projects and assuring quality of work delivered.
- Participate in exhibitions, promote products/services to customer.
- Create instrument index, datasheets, site visit and field verifications.
- Create cause & effect, PFD, and control narratives. Set up install, commissioning & execution procedures. Pick up maintenance shifts at client site.
- Client visit with sales personal to discuss technical requirements, promote services/products.
- Gather and analyze technical data and recommend for required tools for job.
- Assist in the development of drawings and other project management activities. Assist in establishing or modifying work procedures
- Make recommendations to improve operations Self-directed with minimal supervision
- Frequent site visit. Operate, maintain and install complex equipment
- Pre-comm and commissioning of PLC/SCADA/HMI/VFDs and control system.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Work a flexible schedule, including call-in and in overtime on nights and weekends.
- Provide support to customer with 24X7 approach. Participate in field verifications and study. Perform QC on jobs adhering to and instituting procedures to minimize rework. Other duties as assigned.
- Completed education in Diploma/Graduate/Post graduate diploma Electrical, Instrumentation Engineering
- Journeyman Instrumentation with several years of supervision experience. Certified technician/technologist or PEng would be preference.
- Minimum 6- 8years’ Canadian experience in an industrial setting or consulting environment for Process automation.
- Must have experience on Rockwell SLC/Micro/Compact and ControlLogix/HMIs/FTview SCADA/Powerflex VFDs/Schneider Modicon M340/M580, Altivar Drives/HMI, Wonderware Video Citect SCADA and other control system.
- Must have exposure for control panel building, automation designing for PLC, HMI/SCADA.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills for MS office and other tools.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works effectively under time constraints, adapts to change, able to work alone, as well as enjoys participating in a team environment.
Salary Range: 90k to 95K/year package plus benefits. Project bonus will be offered after 3 years of working with organization.
Benefits: Life, Health & Dental program, RRSP.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only eligible candidates who can work in Canada and hold above skills and experience will be contacted.