One of Ontario’s largest independent electrical distributors has an opening for a motivated individual to join their growing team.
The Lighting Product Manager will be primarily responsible for developing and executing a successful business plan that provides revenue growth as well as supporting their Lighting business across all branches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all company branch resources to grow their overall lighting business
- Provide technical, application and sales support to grow our lighting business which includes fixtures, lamps, ballasts, controls and other lighting related products or services
- Generate or assist in the generation of lighting related quotations or proposals as required by customers or branch resources
- Perform joint sales calls with our Account Managers to provide technical, application or sales support
- Provide lighting layouts as required to satisfy customer and/or branch resources requirements
- Assist branch sales resources in pricing levels to ensure profitable and successful projects or quotations
- Assist or perform lighting audits for customers or branch resources as required
- Explore and evaluate new lighting related product opportunities to expand our product and services offering. Present these opportunities to Co-President, CMO/EVP Sales and Purchasing Manager for approval before making any commitments on behalf of the company
- Provide or recommend technical, application or sales training to educate staff on lighting technology and solutions. This could be delivered directly by the specialist or indirectly by an appropriate supplier
- Remain current on energy savings related programs and educate our sales resources to ensure we offer these to our customers and grow our lighting business.
- Assist in lighting supplier sales and marketing related meeting with VP Sales and Marketing as required
- Assist in yearly lighting supplier planning meetings with CMO/EVP Sales as required.
- Create, assist and/or launch lighting related promotions or proactive marketing activities in co-ordination with the CMO/EVP Sales and our marketing department
- Provide market pricing information to our pricing department or purchasing department to ensure we have acceptable market level pricing
- Promote and support Osram as your primary lamp and ballast supplier
- Advise sales force and Central Purchasing directly of special supplier project or customer net into stock pricing to ensure success on other customer specific opportunities (or improving our normal into stock costs)
- Create a yearly sales budget and business plan, in conjunction with the Branch Managers, and submit to the CMO/EVP Sales for approval
- Provide an update of your sales budget to the Executive at the monthly Resource Meeting as requested
- Provide direction, staff evaluation and training to the Lighting Group as required
- Manage inventory levels with Purchasing Manager and CFO/EVP Operations which includes recommendation for slow moving and obsolete inventory removal
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in an Electrical Technology or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with lighting systems in commercial and industrial buildings, or equivalent technical experience in lighting sales.
- Lighting and energy audit generation
- Lighting layouts and product selection solution
- Knowledge of energy savings and retrofit Incentive programs.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency is required
- IES lighting course certificates would be and asset
Additional skills that would be an asset:
- Technically competent and have a strong understanding of lighting fundamentals including emerging technologies, controls and lighting design
- Training in Energy Management
- Ability to lead, train and mentor staff
- Experience in marketing and business development
- Possess excellent customer relationship skills
The company offers a culture of inspiration and challenge, a generous base salary, bonuses, a full benefits package, and continual training.
If you consider yourself to be a motivated team player with sales skills and meet the requirements for this role, please send resume today to: firstname.lastname@example.org in Word format, preferably.Tags: Georgetown, ON